Let’s try to imagine a real estate world without the real estate agent headshot. Beside each realtor’s name and contact info would be one of those gray, generic avatars indicating only whether the realtor was a women or man. Of course, the all important marketing tool called “word of mouth,” would account for a good deal of new business, but without a headshot, how would a potential buyer or seller chose?
There are few professions where instilling a sense of trust and knowledge is vital to success. Doctors, lawyers and real estate agents have to look like the experts that they are. A professional, real estate agent headshot with good lighting and the right pose can go a long way to getting you business. Here are a few tips according to Zillow on how a professional real estate photograph can make you more memorable.
1) Make sure your photograph is current. There’s nothing more shocking than meeting someone who looks years older than their photo. Remember, you want to instill trust!
2) Do you have a specialty? Farm properties, lake properties or historic homes? Shoot your headshot on location. If not, use a solid color background.
3) Get electronic versions in .jpg, .gif or .png format. That way you can upload them to your blog, your LinkedIn page or anywhere on the web. Also ask for hi-resolution versions so you’ll have quality images for printing brochures and other marketing materials.
4) Don’t use props like “For Sale” signs or cell phones. And don’t include anyone else in your photograph unless they’re your realtor partner. No family members, friends, or pets!
5) Take it easy on the retouching! Blemishes are ok to remove, but totally eliminating any age lines or whittling away the waistline can appear to be dishonest.
Click here to schedule your session today and get ahead of the competition!